View count: 147
The Animal Diagnostic CenterThe Animal Disease Diagnostic Center of Asia University
Department of Post-Baccalaureate Veterinary Medicine
The Animal Disease Diagnostic Center (ADDC) was established by the Department of Post-Baccalaureate Veterinary Medicine, in accordance with the regulations of Asia University. The overall goals of the ADDC are to facilitate teaching programs, research, education promotion, industry-university collaboration, government-industry-university-institute alliance in disease diagnosis and other related services.
- Pathology examination & diagnosis.
- Microbiology examination.
- Molecular biology examination.
- Clinical pathology: skin scraping, blood smear, urine sediment and fecal parasite examination.
- Cytopathology: Cell sampling includes fine needle biopsy which can be divided into aspiration and non-aspiration method, imprinting and swab, then performs the Romanowsky stain including Diff-Quik stain and Liu's Stain.
- Surgical pathology: surgical resection and Tru-cut biopsy specimens, can perform frozen section or paraffin section examination.
- Necropsy pathology: gross dissection, gross pathological examination, tissue sampling and trimming, paraffin tissue slide preparation and H&E stain, special staining (such as PAS) or immunohistochemical stain (IHC).
- Bacteria culture and drug sensitivity test.
- Molecular biology examination: polymerase chain reaction (PCR) for bacterial and viral identification and immunohistochemical stain (IHC).
Figure. Cryostat Microtome.